Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Birthday Cake Castle!

There are lots of things that Disney fans love, but near the top of the list is speaking, thinking, writing, and generally obsessing about moments in Disney history they may have, but probably did not, experience.  Given that I have been Disney-obsessed for a relatively short period of time, I do this ALL THE TIME.  I have started compiling a list (Disney fans also love making lists) of attractions, shows, events, etc. that I would visit were I to procure a time machine.

At the top of that list is Walt Disney World's 25th anniversary, specifically this:



Don't get me wrong, I understand why this pink monstrosity may not have been popular with people who were coming down for their once in a lifetime whatever, but it's sooooo amazing.  I don't have many Disney memories from my young life (we only took a couple day trips), but I DO remember being captivated by commercials.  Imagineering would never do something so bold now… it's kind of sad in a way.  Screw the haters, I'm in love.
The up-side is that we live in a world where online auctions allow you to purchase limited merchandise to feed the aforementioned obsessions.  I found this glass for cheap on Ebay:

It was a part of a set of four released by McDonalds (remember when they did stuff like that? Weird…), and is surprisingly cute.  I bought the others in the set but I will save those for another day :)

What attraction/event/celebration would you visit with your imaginary time machine? Let me know in the comments!  Also, babygirl finally got an iPhone, so follow me on twitter… @thedizfizz! 

No comments:

Post a Comment