Sunday, August 17, 2014

Vintage Disney Parks fabrics!

As aforementioned, I spend a decent amount of time skulking around Ebay in hopes of finding unique vintage Disney Parks merchandise.  Whilst looking for Disney-related craft supplies, I came across the following fabric prints:

I love that the Contemporary made it on.

Tomorrowland specific… WHAT!?

Love the castle illustration on this one.

I thought this one was especially charming.

Disneyland Hotel, where I will be staying in less than a month!

Besides the fact they are incredibly charming, these prints are interesting to me based on the fact that the current Disney company gravitates towards generic, mass produced merchandise, opting to keep assortments down in order to maximize profits.  I should also mention that even the small pieces were extremely expensive!  I guess the Disney die-hards want park-specific, land-specific merchandise.  With the Coop opening at Disney Springs and the Haunted Mansion store opening in the old Yankee Traders building, it will be interesting to see how the company approaches merchandise design and assortment and in the coming years.

No comments:

Post a Comment