Sunday, September 7, 2014

Special Edition Disney New Balances!

In January 2016, a handful of girlfriends and I will be taking a trip to Walt Disney World in order to run the Half Marathon event that is part of the larger Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend.  Although I have never been all that athletic of a girl, the weekend is going to coincide with my 30th birthday and I figured, What better way the commemorate the event than reaching a hefty fitness goal in my favorite place in the world!?

In addition to the races, the event also consists of a running expo where exclusive runDisney merchandise can be purchased, including limited quantities of special edition Disney New Balances. Here are the ones from 2014:


Each is themed to a particular character including Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Cinderella, and Sorcerer Mickey. I definitely would have made a run for the Cinderellas!:


I'm obsessed with the little embroidered appliqué on the back and the sparkles on the plastic component on the body of the shoe:




Even the material used on the inside is printed with a special Cinderella fabric:


It is no surprise that this special edition merchandise is incredibly popular. Apparently you have to sign up for a time to come purchase a pair and there is a limit to how many you can buy (two adult pairs and two children's pairs) because of the people who try to stock up to sell them on EBAY (which makes me FURIOUS by the way). Anyway, can't wait to snag a pair when I run my race in 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment