Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Asian Goodies from World Showcase!

As a person with taste, shopping at Disney World can be a little tricky.  Much of the merchandise is gaudy, cheap s*@! that you don't really want in your house (although, with the opening of Centerpiece, this seems to be changing).  The huge exception to this is World Showcase.  Here, you can buy authentic world goods (every time I pick up an item, I check the sticker to make sure that it is made in the country in which it is being sold) that don't look like they came from a Disney park.  I wanted to share a few items I picked up last time I was there.

From China, this is the graphic from a bamboo calendar I bought (the calendar portion is the bottom half.)  Once the year is over, the bottom can be cut off and you have this pretty wall hanging.  I think it was like 3 bucks:



From the Mitsukoshi department store, this pretty little plant pot.  The plant is actually a Mickey's Minnie Garden which I bought from the Land pavilion.  Every time I water this little guy I think of Epcot!:


Fun fact, Mitsukoshi is a real Japanese department store chain dating back to, get this 1673!  Hopefully, I'll get to go to a real one someday!:


No comments:

Post a Comment