Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Authentic Mid-90's Figment Plush!

This week I have been staying a friend's house whilst working in the city.  Although this friend isn't a Disney fan in particular, she did pull out this memento from her trip as a child to show me:





That's right! That lovable fellow with two tiny wings and eyes big and yellow, Figment! Here are some more pictures of this very special Disney parks character:



Tiny Ringer Tee!
The best part is that when I took off his little shirt, I learned that his belly is pink!:


Decades after his creation, Figment continues to enchant audiences. Heck, Marvel even wrote a comic about him!  When I asked my friend what is was about Figment that captured her heart (although I don't word things like that in everyday speech!), she said that it had something to do with the fact she had never seen him before. I see this as evidence that every attraction does not have to be tied to a franchise, and in fact, it is often endearing that it not.  I really hope that at some point Disney returns to a philosophy of original attraction developement as opposed to relying so heavily on its films as the sole source of inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment