Friday, October 10, 2014

Film Friday: Alice, the Mad Hatter and me!

I used to be one of those people that didn't care to meet characters. In the past, the long lines and what could only be a forced interaction seemed like a waste of time when there are rides to be ridden and treats to be consumed!

Thankfully, this past trip completely changed my opinion on the subject! I think this is in large part due to the fact that at Disneyland, some characters still walk around the park (as opposed to remaining stationary at their official meet and greet), opening up the possibility for organic interaction.

This photo was taken behind the Alice in Wonderland dark ride. Ryan and I were en route to the Matterhorn and happened upon the Mad Hatter and Alice scuffling. Some of the banter:

Mad Hatter: 'I'm a ghost!' (In reaction to the developing film.)

Mad Hatter: 'This is the best picture of you Alice, you can't hardly see you!' (before the film developed)

Mad Hatter: 'Stop bumping me!'
Alice: 'I'm not!'
Mad Hatter: 'Bump.'

The pair is a RIOT, and our serendipitous meeting made for a unexpectedly delightful few minutes. And really... if 'unexpected delight' isn't another term for magic, I don't know what is.



No comments:

Post a Comment