Tuesday, October 7, 2014

King Triton's *Whimsical* Carousel at California Adventure!

It is no secret that I have a slight obsession with those finned folk one might find splashing around lagoons and luring sailors to their death. The truth is, I feel a special love for sea life in general, making a ride on King Triton's carousel whilst at Disney's California Adventure a must:


Instead of horses, the attraction showcases aquatic animals in fantastical colors and vibrant details. If this thing ever closes, I'm buying the lot for my house.

Purple Humpback whale, swoon.
Look at those gorgeous jewels.

This calliope adjacent to the carousel is easily as gorgeous as the animal sculpts:


I know in the end it's just a carousel, an essentially off the shelf ride that you could ride anywhere, even your local mall, and that it could even be argued that it doesn't fit with the theming of the area it's in… but I don't know, I dig it :)

 photo tumblr_nd3r2nvZpE1u07fkho1_500_zps689d636b.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment