Sunday, November 2, 2014

Gorgeous Princess Toile at Johann's Fabric

First off, I want to apologize for being somewhat light in the posting area over the past week. I've been in the middle of moving and starting a new job, so things have been somewhat hectic. Hopefully the craziness has subsided somewhat and I can settle back into a routine :)

As a creative person, I find myself drawn to pattern. Repetition is curiously alluring, both when it is discernible and (even more so) when it is not. I was once told that if anything is repeated enough times, it will become beautiful.

Thus, I relish the experience of browsing for fabric! This week I found myself in Johann's Fabrics, shopping for work, and couldn't help but check out the Disney section (I mean, duh). Normally, I am disappointed by generic and somewhat tacky options, but this trip left me pleasantly surprised!

Although there were several attractive designs, the one that stood out to me was this gorgeous pink princess toile!:


The pattern features four of the princesses, Belle, Cinderella, Snow White, and Aurora, each depicted in front of their unique castles:




Toile, which often depicts floral or pastoral scenery, first saw popularity in mid-18th century Europe. For most, this pattern style elicits mental associations with European countries, thus the choice of princesses is spot on (I'm glad they didn't try to shoehorn in Jasmine or Elsa). It is so authentic-looking at first glance that you could almost miss that it is a Disney print! Clearly, I'm obsessed and need a cooking apron out of this immediately :)

There were some other winners which I will share in a future post, and check out this old post I did on vintage Disney Parks Fabrics!

Have you come across any Disney patterns that you just love? Let me know in the comments section or on the Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment