Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Inspiration for my Frontierland-themed Living Room!

When I eventually own a home, I have this vague plan that every room in my house will be inspired by a land in the Magic Kingdom. As of right now, I think the master bedroom will be inspired by Adventureland, the kitchen by Fantasyland, and the living room by Frontierland. This is not to say that I want my home to be thoroughly Disney-fied, more that I am inspired by the immersive environments created by imagineers and think it sounds like a fun challenge to create some for myself! 

Although the realization of this vision may be some time off, I am always looking for pieces that fit within the given themes, whilst remaining tasteful and subtle. Last September, I came across some interesting pieces in the lobby of Frontier Tower where we were staying at the Disneyland Hotel:


I imagine my Frontierland living room will be furnished with finely-crafted wood pieces, but I also must have some cow skin detailing to provide a little interest!:



I think Ikea sells a cow skin ottoman, which could work nicely. Speaking of ottomans, these etched leather ottomans are just gorgeous! (I get super excited about leather):



In addition, the lobby had this incredible model of Big Thunder Mountain, which was really neat:




I took some photos in the lobbies of the other towers which I will share eventually, but the Frontier lobby provided the most practical inspiration. At some point I want to begin sharing items that I pick up, but for right now I'll just have to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment