Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Five Things to Love about the Disneyland Hotel!

In some respects, I think that choosing a hotel is the trickiest part of planning a trip to Disneyland. After much consideration of the pros and cons of each hotel, weighing on-site versus off-site, I did finally settle on the Disneyland Hotel and am pleased as punch that I did! I'd like to use today's post to highlight a few things that I ADORE about the Disneyland Hotel.


1) Trader Sams.


Unfortunately, inflated expectations can often lead to disappointment. Thus, I approached Trader Sam's, a whimsical tiki bar in the Disneyland Hotel courtyard with some caution given that I had only heard that it was the best thing ever. IT DID NOT DISAPPOINT :)! Hands down, the best bar on Disney property, anywhere. With just the right amount on tiki kitsch and interactive elements, this bar is definitively Disney whilst still maintaining an adult atmosphere. The specialty drinks are awesome too, but they get their own post :).

2) Disney details everywhere you look.


Everywhere you look in this hotel, there are definitively Disney touches. From the LED fireworks built into the headboard, to the pillows, to the monorail water slides, you can't avoid the magic! Although I haven't stayed at the Grand Californian, I can only imagine it is a completely different experience. It was really lovely to be so immersed in the Disney bubble for my first time out there.

3) The Kahlua Pork Flatbread at the Tangaroa Terrace.


This was the first and last thing that I ate on this trip. 'Nuff said.

4) The Monorail water-slides. 


Absolutely gorgeous and unexpectedly fun!

5) History.


You can feel the history in this place. From the vintage photographs to the framed concept art, even the retro looking font used for the logo, you are constantly aware that this hotel exists because Walt Disney wanted it to exist. To stay at this hotel is a very special experience and I highly recommend it to any die-hard fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment