Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sweet treats at the Jolly Holiday Bakery!

Although I normally approach planning a Disney vacation with a level of gusto and meticulousness that most find irritating, I went into my trip to Disneyland with a shortish list of must-do's to be completed in no particular order. At the recommendation of countless blogs and podcasts, a visit to the Jolly Holiday Bakery was a must-do!

Referencing the 1964 classic Mary Poppins (one of my all-time favorites), the Victorian-style building is a bright and cheery yellow and, along with the Plaza Inn on the other side, 'caps off' Main Street USA very nicely. Notice the weather vein atop the sign: 



Although the Bakery sells lunch faire and coffee, I was there to sample the baked goods. My friend Ryan and I decided we would share the Red Velvet Cupcake, and Peanut Butter and Chocolate Whoopee-Pie, and the famous Matterhorn Macaroon! :


All three were delicious. For taste, my favorite was the Red Velvet Cupcake for its lovely color (I LOVE PINK) and real cream cheese icing that I didn't find too sweet. I will say, however, there is something charming about eating a Matterhorn Macaroon in view of the Matterhorn, a lovely experience not to be missed!


What is your favorite place to get a sweet treat at Disneyland or Walt Disney World… let us know in the comments section! Also, if you enjoy the blog, search The 'Diz-Fizz' on Facebook and like our page where we'll post photos, opinions, and general non-sense between blog posts!



No comments:

Post a Comment